Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Denim monstrosity!


Ok, so I don't really think it's a monstrosity. I actually like it. Yeah, it's a bit clumsy, and I should have used a softer lighter denim for the inside lining, but I had a lot of old jeans laying around, so....yeah. Seeing it on the mannequin doesn't do it the right justice, it looks much better on me. However, I am without the proper resources (i.s. another person capable of shooting pics) to get those shots.
Here's the in-progress shots and the changes I made throughout. I really am proud of how quickly I cut out the main pieces and stuck it all together. Anyone else with me on this?




My husband, mammary gland lover that he is, would have preferred me to keep the front boobie-encasing look that it was originally (see above pic). I didn't like that look tho, and frankly, my boobs felt kinda under pressure to perform and I'm sorry hubby, but I can't have stressed out mammaries :D
I still have lots of denim to play around with, thanks to donations from friends, and I might attempt some jean shorts, since it is sorta getting nice out. (It's upstate NY tho, it did snow two days ago.)
Let me get back to work now. Check back soon, and in the meantime keep it sexy!
KR

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Progress!



I believe I am getting much better at sewing, in general. A little faster, a little smarter...haha. I'm more realistic about sizing and material pull, that much I'm sure of. My craftsmanship is also coming along. I knew it was going to be a live and learn kind of thing, so *shrug*
I've recently completed this one sleeve tank
(This isn't a finished pic, just close). You can see how the left side is gathered into a frill. I had to put a strap for those women who are endowed in the booby region. You can also see how crowded my studio is, haha. This tank was a lot of fun to make, it was kinda just thrown together and actually ended up looking decent. I experimented with embossing a red 'I' on the on the upper left side, but I'm going to take it out, looks dumb. I need to get somehow. Oh, and this is also the first piece to incorporate my patchwork idea. It will be up soon in my Etsy store :)
The latest project is a jean vest. The idea for it came from a bunch of cool looking buttons (not shown) that I got off a hideous Grandma sweater. I painted them black with model car paint (nightmarish stuff, be warned!) and I had a bunch of jeans that I had pulled out of my closet and for some reason, they seemed to go together. I'm almost done with it, it has taken forever to put together, good lord.